Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hiatus Kaiyote

Hiatus Kaiyote are my new favorite. I can't stop listening to their album, Tawk Tomahawk. Especially The World It Softly Lulls, which is pretty much on repeat in my ears.




This self-proclaimed future soul group has an incredible debut album, which will definitely be on my top 10 list for the year. Unless I find a bunch more music like this and realize they're just mediocre, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

Generally, I don't pay too much attention to lyrics, but sometimes I'll look them up when I particularly like a song or a specific line strikes me. There was one of those lines in Mobius Streak, the opening track on their album.

Origami birds flock from my heart, burst out in colour to wherever you are.

Other than that, the lyrics make pretty much no sense to me. They're super abstract. But I like how that one sounds anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment