Friday, August 3, 2012

School of Seven Bells

I got the newest School of Seven Bells album a couple months ago and was planning to blog about it cause I really enjoyed it. But then sometimes when I blog about bands I've been listening to for a while, I'll go back and listen to their old albums before blogging about a new one. That's what I've done in this case. Before, I thought their new album, Ghostory, was my clear favorite by them. But then when I went back and listened to the first one, Alpinisms, I realized it was much better than I originally thought and really great.

School of Seven Bells are these twin sisters and some dude who make music. For some reason, I always think of them as gypsies, or coming from the mountains of Peru or something. Don't ask me why, I have no idea how I got that image. They're from New York. I became a bit obsessed with the first song I heard by them back in 2008ish, Iamundernodisguise.





I also love that they have weird names for their songs. Makes me like them even more. Like this one, Connjur. I don't even think that's a real word.





One of the twins quit the band before this third album, so the sound is a bit different. That's not completely true. The sound is actually quite consistent, it's just the vocal style that's different. Not as layered and not so much harmony and all that good stuff. But still an awesome album. Listen to all their albums. And on the new one, pay special attention to The Night and Lafaye.

No comments:

Post a Comment