Friday, December 12, 2014

Favorite songs of 2014

It's time for the annual superlatives (which generally also means it's not story time). I've been seeing other people put theirs out, which I always love because it usually helps me find great new music that I missed this year, but it seems as though I did a pretty good job of keeping on top of music this year, so that's good.

Anyway, now it's my turn. I've never done a top 10 songs before, and I was thinking of doing it, and then it just turned into a big playlist of all the songs I loved this year. So I made a Spotify playlist out of them all and now it's here for you. Some are actually from 2013 or even earlier (like Pompeii, by Bear's Den), but I felt it was ok to include them if they were released on an album in 2014.

There are some songs which I do consider to be the best, and those would be the first 9 tracks sandwiched in between the Alt-J songs. Plus there's the Kacy Hill song Experience which unfortunately is not on Spotify, but luckily is on Soundcloud. So that rounds out my top 10 songs for the year. But they are not in any particular order. That would be way too difficult. Everything after Hunger of the Pine is just kind of there in a random jumble, but it's all wonderful. So please enjoy. Special shout out to Banks, who has 3 songs on there, which should be the most of any artist. Also special shout out to Bonobo who never ceases to amaze me. He put out my favorite album last year (The North Borders) and my favorite song (Cirrus), and then released a 3 song EP this year from which the title track (Flashlight) made it into the top 10 songs. Impressive man.




I should have my top 10 albums in the next few days. Unfortunately I do have to put those into a specific order, so that's gonna take me a bit of extra time, but it's almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment