Saturday, November 11, 2017

Nov 11 - Miya Folick / Yaeji / Fyfe

I was supposed to write this earlier this week, then I didn't. I got busy or something. I don't know. It wasn't a particularly busy week, just normally busy. But then I flew back to America. And now I'm writing this in America. Yay! It's my sister's birthday, so we're going to go have the fun times today, but before that, here's some fun times for you.

Starting with Miya Folick. Actually, this isn't so fun. Even though she's on a roller coaster. It's more destroyed and heartbroken. She does that well. She just put out her 2nd EP, which is much rockier than her first, but still wonderful. Best song is Give it To Me. Super intense. She's really just going for it. Fun facts I just learned about her: She's from Orange County, where I am currently writing this, and she started her band on Tinder. Crazy!





So now we'll start to bring it down and chill out a bit with Yaeji. She also just put out her 2nd EP, cleverly titled EP2. She's from New York, where I will be in just a few days. I've written about her (and actually everyone in today's blog) before. She generally makes super chilled electronic music, sung mostly in Korean, and EP2 is no different. Passionfruit is the closer, really great, just like it's namesake which is like my favorite thing. But also, go listen to Make It Rain cause that one is not chilled out and it is super fun.





And then moving on to even more chilled, is the acoustic version of Relax, by Fyfe. He put out an album earlier this year or last year or something, which was ok. But he also just put out an EP with some acoustic versions and remixes of songs, and I really, really love Relax. The acoustic version. The real version is fine. But this one I listen to over and over.


No comments:

Post a Comment