Friday, December 31, 2021

Top Albums of 2021

 This last has been in the works for a while, and actually complete for a while, but between moving last week and just not doing it, it's now pushed into 2022. I meant to post it yesterday, and then didn't. Whoops!


Anyway, 2021 was kind of shit, but not as bad as 2020. Overall good things though. Left a toxic job, had 6 months off, started a new job, got to see my parents, got to travel within Australia quite a bit. Many good things, when I think about it. And also good music, which is what we're all here for. 


This year I made a list of 20 albums, not 10. And I of course have a Spotify playlist for them. I also started a new playlist of all the albums I listened to and enjoyed in 2021. I started it quite late, so it's missing a lot from earlier in the year, but many good albums there. I'll link both at the bottom.


But back to the top 20. This year was hard to choose. I kept moving things around a lot. Like an album would be number 15 and then the next week number 6 and then back to 12. But in the end I think I'm happy with the order I picked. Who knows. Maybe not. The moral of the story is they are all wonderful albums that you should listen to over and over. So here we go.


20. sir Was - Let The Morning Come



19. The War On Drugs - I Don't Live Here Anymore




18. Yola - Stand For Myself




17. José González - Local Valley



16. Fred again... - Actual Life



15. Greentea Peng - MAN MADE



14. Maple Glider - To Enjoy Is The Only Thing



13. St. Vincent - Daddy's Home




12. Middle Kids - Today We're The Greatest



11. The Narcotix - Mommy Issues




10. Sega Bodega - Romeo




9. Squirrel Flower - planet (i)



8. Arlo Parks - Collapsed in Sunbeams




7. Big Red Machine - How Long Do You Think It's Gonna Last




6. Flock of Dimes - Head of Roses



5. Sam Teskey - Cycles




4. Kan Wakan - Phantasmagoria, vol. 2



3. Remi Wolf - Juno



2. Cleo Sol - Mother





1. Hiatus Kaiyote - Mood Valiant




And as promised, here is one playlist with all of those albums:


And here is another playlist with even more albums from 2021:


No comments:

Post a Comment