Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Laura Mvula

Just like my last blog, here's someone else I know barely anything about. Also like my last blog, I've barely heard anything by this lady. But what I have heard is enough to catch my attention. All I know about Laura Mvula is that she's from London and has released her first EP, She. Sadly it's not available on US iTunes yet, only UK iTunes, so I don't even know what songs to look for.

Out of the three songs that I've heard, She, the title track off the EP and the song that turned me on to her, is by far the best. Reminds me a bit of Lianne Le Havas, one of my favorite new artists of the year. Anyway, it's a beautiful song, especially once it really gets going about 2 minutes in. I'm just waiting until I can actually buy it on iTunes for myself. And until she releases a full album.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment