Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Active Child

I've been hearing Active Child here and there for the last few months, and for a while was only able to find an EP from last year. That was because he didn't release his debut full-length album, You Are All I See, until last week. It was worth the wait though. The first two tracks are gorgeous, they remind me of a mix between Bon Iver and Sigur Ros, which is a good thing. The rest of the album is great, as well, but nothin can beat those first two tracks. And just like Beth/Rest, the last track on Bon Iver's second album, a lot of his music seems like it should be so wrong, but in reality it's just so right.

So without further ado, here is some delicious new music for your earholes. First is the opening/title track of the album.


I couldn't decide which of my two favorite songs off Active Child's debut album I liked more, so here's Hanging On, my other favorite, and I believe also his most popular song.

No comments:

Post a Comment