Monday, November 28, 2011

Other Lives

One of my favorite new bands in 2009 was Other Lives, with their eponymous, debut album making it into my top 10 for the year. These guys come from Oklahoma, which I imagine to be cold and lonely, due not in small part to the sound that these guys have created, which is pretty cold and lonely. It's good for Beijing winters, and apparently good enough for Bon Iver, who they toured with.

Unfortunately I couldn't find you a video of my favorite track from their first album, How Could This Be?, but fortunately they released a new album earlier this year, so here's Tamer Animals, the title track and one of my favorites from the new album.



Though I loved their music when I heard their first album, it wasn't until I saw this next video that I really fell in love with the band. They did an amazing, acoustic living room performance of one of their best tracks, E Minor, and I think the live version is possibly better than the recording, which is always a very important trait I look for in a band. I have yet to see them live, as I moved out of the US right after finding out about them, but based just on this video I would not want you to miss them if you had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment