Friday, April 20, 2012

Band of Skulls

So this year has been a great one for me musically up until now. A lot of my favorite bands (MIIKE SNOW!!!!) finally released sophomore albums, which is always super exciting. Except when they're not good. It's tricky with sophomore albums, cause they're usually not so good. I find it goes: great first album, mediocre second album, awesome third album. Luckily, not this year, because they've all been quite good.

British band Band of Skulls is another one of my favorites who released a new album this year. Sweet Sour is a great follow-up to their 2009 debut. It keeps the same sound, although they have toned down on a few more songs than previously. There's definitely some stand out tracks, including this one, which I have to share just because I love the name (and whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment).



Of course, the best will always be their first single, I Know What I Am. Nothing beats this song. The male/female vocals also stand out much more clearly on this track, which is something else I love about the band, and bands in general. Actually, I think my last 3 posts were all male/female vocal duo bands. I'm going to need to change that on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment