Monday, April 2, 2012

Of Monsters and Men

I first heard Of Monsters and Men on a live living room recording sometime last year and immediately fell in love. Unfortunately they had nothing else out at the time, so all I could do was watch the video for Little Talks on repeat. Fortunately they entered the national battle of the bands tournament in Iceland, where they're from, and won. So then they released an album (My Head Is An Animal). And it's really good. Plus any band that has an accordianist as a regular member is ok in my book.

Little Talks is still one of my favorite tracks on the album. Not surprised it went straight to number 1 in Iceland when it was released, as it should in the States. Hopefully their album being released in the US tomorrow will help.



You should go look for that live version of Little Talks I mentioned, too. It's also awesome. Lakehouse is another great track off the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment