Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top 10 Albums of 2013

I've spent the last couple of weeks going back over all the music I loved this year, and was pleasantly surprised. 2013 left me feeling like it wasn't an amazing year for music, but when I looked back at how many albums I loved this year, there were more than expected.

As always, it's hard to narrow it down to 10, but here we go. I have attempted to put them in some sort of order, though I make no guarantees that I might change my mind tomorrow. I leave it for you with no comment, but with links to previous blogs if they exist, and best of all, with a Spotify playlist of my favourite tracks from each album down at the bottom.


10. Local Natives - Hummingbird

As seen here.
















9. James Blake - Overgrown

















8. Haim - Days Are Gone

As seen here.
















7. Foals - Holy Fire

















6. Laura Mvula - Sing To the Moon

As seen here.
















5. Daughter - If You Leave

As seen here.
















4. CHVRCHES - The Bones of What You Believe

















3. Lucius - Wildewoman

As seen here and here.
















2. Laura Marling - Once I Was an Eagle

















1. Bonobo - The North Borders

As seen here.



















And as promised, a playlist with my two favourite tracks from each album. Again, I make no guarantees that this will not change tomorrow. Not the list, I'm too lazy to update that, but my opinion about my favourites. And if you like it, I have other playlists on Spotify you can listen to.




No comments:

Post a Comment