Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Mar 15 - Son Lux

I intended to keep writing about Australia today, but I'm out of time. Whoops. But I wrote about music so you can read that, at least. And I'll write about Australia again next time.

So after a couple of new artists, let's talk about a not so new artist - Son Lux. He/they have made it into the blog a few times over the last years, and the new album, Brighter Wounds, came out just before I went to Australia. It's a great one, and there are a couple of stand out tracks in particular. My favorite is All Directions. I especially love it from about 3:20, when it breaks down. Not sure you can really call it a breakdown, cause it's all pretty chill, but then it gets even more chill and beautiful and then picks up and goes a bit wacky, which most of his songs can do. And which I love. Also, when I saw him live, his drummer is insane. And I can just imagine him going totally insane and this song being incredible live.





Um yeah, so that's awesome. And so is Surrounded. Typical Son Lux, if you ask me. Just great stuff. Great album. That's my review. Two thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment