Friday, March 23, 2018

Mar 23 - Loyal Lobos / MorMor / Leon Bridges / Maggie Rogers

I've been out traveling all week for work, and my sister was with me, which means after work we were doing stuff. So I didn't have much time to blog. But I'm back in Shanghai and there's a couple new songs that came out in the last couple weeks I want to share. Plus a couple songs I've been wanting to share since January and haven't yet. So I'm just gonna throw a bunch of songs up here for you today. And we'll go in chronological order of me hearing them.

Which means we start with Loyal Lobos. This is the project of Colombian-born Andrea Silva. She came to the US a few years ago and has now put out a couple singles, the first of which is The Fall. Actually listening to it now it's nice but a bit poppy. Maybe not as amazing as I thought at first. But it's been here to share with you for like 2 months so it's getting shared.





The other new artist whose debut I've been waiting 2 months to share is MorMor, the project from Seth Nyquist from Toronto. Where lots of good music comes from. And this one has stood the test of two months time. Still great. So here's Heaven's Only Wishful, his debut single?





Then there's the new songs from the old-ish artists. Neither is actually so old, but these are not their debut singles I'm sharing anyway. So Leon Bridges put out two singles a couple weeks ago, which are the first off his upcoming sophomore album, Good Thing, which will be out in May. Both are great, but Bad Bad News is definitely the best. A bit more clean and modern than his last album, but he's still got that classic sound. And this song's got a great groove. Looking forward to the new album!




And then last night I found out there's a song called Split Stones from Maggie Rogers. It's actually like 6 months old, but for some reason I'm just hearing about it. She shared this post-EP and called it a parting gift, saying she was going away for a while. So who knows what she's doing. Probably finishing college. Cause she's a tiny baby. But a very talented tiny baby. And this song is a great parting gift. Hopefully only a temporary one.


No comments:

Post a Comment