Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 13 - AURORA / Rhye

Today turned out to be a very busy day. It always happens this way. Monday is a holiday, Tuesday and Wednesday are not at all busy, and then everything comes up all at once on Thursday. The actual days may change, but it's always this way right before vacation. And I have to go to this work event thing tonight that I really don't want to go to. So my day will only end at like 10pm. Fun. So today I was very stressed and busy and won't be done any time soon. So I'm playing you some lovely, de-stressifying music that I've been wanting to share.

We'll go in chronological order, so starting with Rhye. Rhye put out a really-damn-good album last year, called Blood, and has now put out a pretty-good EP, called Spirit. This one lies somewhere between the nice-but-unimpressive level of the first album, and pretty-damn-good level of the second album. But there is one pretty-damn-good song on this EP in particular, called Wicked Dreams. So we start with that today. I love this song. I love the the pick up at about 2:45, the the little loopy guitar at like 3:30, but really just all of it. It just keeps getting better, this song.




And then we've got Aurora. I may have mentioned her earlier this year because I went to her concert and it was really good. Really fun. And there were floating, light-up jellyfish. She's a total weirdo and I love it. So, similar to Rhye, she put out an EP last year, called Infections of a Different Kind (Step I), followed by an album this year, called A Different Kind Of Human (Step II). Last year I had shared the best song off of that EP, Queendom, which is probably still her best song. But now the title track of the new EP, A Different Kind Of Human, is right up there with my favorite songs by her. So that's your track 2 for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment