Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Jun 24 - Howard

Packing, packing, packing! It's almost time to go home! I actually should have packed over the weekend, but whatever. I'm just at home packing now, gonna have a couple friends come to hang out in a bit, and then tomorrow I go to the airport straight from work!

I'm a bit annoyed with this packing thing at the moment. In general it's a pain, but this time especially so because I have an entire duffel bag I'm taking home for a friend, which I only just realized is super heavy and has no wheels. So I'm working on repacking and reshaping everything in such a way that it's not super heavy and I still have lots of room to bring back lots of goodies for myself and others from America. But I'm about done now. If only I had time to watch the last episode of Orange Is The New Black... Just one more!

As for music, we're going with Howard today. You might find him on iTunes or other places as Howard (US), because I guess there's some other artist called Howard out in the world. I meant to write about him a long time ago. He released his debut album, Religion, back in January, and I was a big fan. The first single, Religion, is a good song, enough to catch my attention, but  not as good as the rest of the album. Kind of reminds me of Other Lives (although Other Lives then put out their third album which blew this one away). Or maybe a bit of Radiohead even. Actually, one of my avorite songs, Money Can't Buy, even reminds me a bit of Coldplay, although it's definitely a bit off style for Howard compared to other album tracks. Still a great one though. The reason it took me so long to write about him is because I wanted to when I was writing a blog in which I had something to say which I was going to share on Facebook so that more people would read about him, but then I just never did. I put it off too long. So here he is now. And maybe we'll hear from him again later. But for now, it's Falling, the opening track. Which has to come from Spotify, because it is not easy to find his music streaming on the interwebs.


No comments:

Post a Comment