Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Jun 9 - Anna B. Savage

I am in Changsha. I basically spent my day at the airport because I had to go pick up my German colleague, and then our flight was like 5 hours later, so we just hung out there all day. And it wasn't Star Alliance so we didn't even get the lounge. Quite lame. But I am in Changsha, and I landed and had a fantastic meal, and I'm staying in a fantastic hotel, so life is good. One of my employees knows I love spicy food, so she always makes sure to order me spicy dishes, and she's really good at ordering in general, so there's nothing to complain about.

There is also nothing to complain about with regards to Anna B. Savage. This new singer from London has just put out her first EP, titled EP, which has four tracks (titled I, II, III and IV). I first heard I on a playlist and was loving it, and then when it picked up into the song I was totally blown away. She is so raw. And her music is so confessional. I've talked about how I don't normally pay attention to lyrics, but I can't help but just be drawn in by this woman. She is incredible. If you're a fan of Sharon Van Etten, Nadine Shah or Jeff Buckley, you will love this woman. I is the clear winner for me on EP, but the more I listen to it, the more I fall in love with all of it. It will definitely make my top EPs of the year list (which is a list I don't make, but if I did, it would be on there). Listen to this, then go listen to EP over and over and over. It's all on Soundcloud and Spotify, and costs less than $4 on iTunes, so really you should just go buy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment