Saturday, January 7, 2012

Asa

New year, new job, new continent! I moved to Johannesburg on January 2 to start my new job. It did not make for a good Jan 1, since I had to get up (still drunk) and make it to the airport in the morning. Luckily it helped me to just pass out on the plane, and now I'm pretty sure life will be good here. I say here, but actually I'm in Dubai right now on my way back to China to sort out visa stuff. Lame. I was enjoying the summer.

Anyway, because I live in Africa, I thought I'd share something African. Asa is a Nigerian singer-songwriter. She's pretty great. There's one song in particular by her which I love: Jailer. She's not South African, but I'll get to that once I figure it out. For now, enjoy. And if you enjoy, the video actually has another song of hers, Fire on the Mountain, attached to the back of it, which is why it's so long. Jailer isn't actually that long of a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment