Monday, November 5, 2012

Joe Purdy

Joe Purdy has been one of my favorites for years now. But he's one of those favorites that I haven't kept up with very well. Of course, it's hard with him. I just checked and he's apparently got 13 albums. And as it turns out, I kept up better than I thought with him. There was a time where he realsed like 3 albums a year, but I guess the last I heard was 2009's Last Clock On The Wall, after which he's only released two more. I guess I'll go buy them.

Anyway, my favorite track by him, and one of my favorite songs, is I Love the Rain the Most off the Julie Blue album. Julie Blue is a collection of acoustic tracks that he recorded in a river cabin in like a week with a friend. It's great. I've heard this song performed live with a full band, and it's still great, but there's something about the original acoustic version that is very special.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment