Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kwabena Adjepong (Kwabs)

There isn't very much known about this guy from what I can tell. All I really know is that Kwabena Ajdepong (better known as Kwabs) gained everyone's attention with the following video, which apparently he performed at Buckingham Palace in front of the Queen.




After watching that I'm sure you can see why he gained so much attention, and why he started making the rounds on all the blogs. I've found a few more covers by him, but nothing of his own yet. My favorite is probably this cover of The Wilhelm Scream by James Blake (who you should absolutely go listen to. Ridiculously good debut album). Very different from the original, and he adds his own lyrics and stuff in.




I also know that he's apparently Ghanaian, even though he was raised in the UK, and still has tons of family there. So maybe I can count him as another African musician for the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment