Friday, November 23, 2012

RAC Remixes

One of the blogs I listen to has a lot of remix tracks on it. While I enjoy a good remix, they're not generally something I seek out. With a few exceptions of course (i.e. My Brightest Diamond, whose remix albums I look forward to just as much as her original albums. Cause she's brilliant.).

Anyway, so this blog has lots of remixes. Particularly lots of remixes by RAC. I'd taken notice of them but never sought to find more. Until today, that is. Was listening to the blog in question, and two amazing remixes came on, both of which were by RAC. So I learned that they are a cooperative of 3 guys who make remixes for lots of artists that I like. That's enough to know, I guess.

Anyway, first song I heard was an awesome remix of We Come Running by Youngblood Hawke. I like the original a lot, but I think I like this remix even more. And apparently these guys are popular and on the radio and stuff? Is this true? Anyway, this song is great from the first note. And then the second verse comes in and it gets even better. Fucking awesome.





The second was a remix of one of my favorites, Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. If you haven't heard the original, you must. The song is incredible. And this remix is also amazing. Luckily this one can be found on RAC's album Chapter One, along with remixes of plenty of other awesome bands.




And in case you need more, they have like a bajillion songs on their SoundCloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment