Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bonobo

I just pre-ordered like 7 albums on iTunes the other day, which is rather exciting. I intended to pre-order Bonobo's new album, The North Borders, which I had read comes out April 1. Luckily for me that was wrong and it is out already. And now I own it and keep on listening to it.

In fact, this album may be my favorite album of the year so far. Sorry to some of my other favorites, like Daughter, Atoms for Peace and Local Natives, but this album is amazing. Here, hear for yourself.




Cirrus is definitely my favorite track on the album. I feel like he's taken everything I love that he does, and then mixed in elements that I love from Four Tet and Caribou to make something that is ridiculously good.

I managed to see him live in LA a couple years ago, after he released his last album. Which, coincidentally, was one of my favorite albums of 2010. I'm sensing a trend here. I went with my friend Jasmine, who happens to be the best concert buddy ever. So if you find yourself in LA and need a concert buddy, I'll introduce you. He was joined by Andreya Triana, who sang a few of the songs on the last album. I was a bit disappointed not to see her on this album, but he's got some great new vocalists, which is always great for finding new artists. Here's another track I love, with one of the aforementioned great new vocalists.




He even features Erykah Badu on this album. That got me rather excited as well.

It's still early in the year, and there's still a lot of albums I'm looking forward to this year, but I'm pretty sure this one will be in my top 10. Probably high up in my top 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment