Thursday, August 18, 2016

Aug 18 - Florence + The Machine / Gordi

I'm about to head off to London for the weekend! Long weekend. And not just London, also Suffolk for a wedding. But before I go here's some music.

First up, a new song from Florence + The Machine!! You know I love them. Like the most. They recorded the theme song for the next Final Fantasy game (which I also love. Number XV by the way. Thinking of getting a PS4 just for that...). The theme song is actually a cover of Stand By Me, which is just ok, but then they put it out as a single along with this other new song, Too Much Is Never Enough, which is great. I don't know if it's in the game or not. There's also a third track which is mostly instrumental that was in a preview video for the game, so I'm thinking maybe this one is too somehow? Anyway, new Florence! Hooray!





And then as an added bonus I'll throw in a song from Gordi. She's an Australian artist who just put out her first EP in May. I heard this song, Can We Work It Out, a while ago somewhere, then it got lost somewhere. Actually, it was apparently in the blog last year. But anyway, totally forgot about her and now she has an EP and it's very nice, called Clever Disguise. Which is probably how she got signed to Jagjaguwar. The songs are all pretty simple, straightforward songs, but there's just really pretty, and I love her vocals. So since I already put Can We Work It Out on the blog last year, I can't do it again. So instead you'll get Nothing's As It Seems.




No comments:

Post a Comment