Sunday, February 11, 2018

Feb 12 - Moses Sumney / Sylvan Esso / The War On Drugs / Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals

Yesterday was Laneway in Fremantle, and it was awesome. Super hot, although not as hot as Singapore and we had a nice breeze by the ocean. Plus the food and shops and stuff were better. I still stand by my decision from last time that Moses Sumney and Sylvan Esso were the best. So here are songs by them. Lonely World by Moses Sumney. Also, I met him! After his set he went to watch Wolf Alice (so did we) and my friend Shuk-wah spotted him so I went and said hi and told him he's amazing. I didn't want to be too much of a fanboy, so I didn't take a photo, but I promise it happened and it was wonderful.





And Hey Mami by Sylvan Esso (we'll throw it back a bit, cause this song is amazing).





I'll skip The Internet, cause I mentioned them after Singapore. Also, they were better in Singapore. But you know who was better in Australia than Singapore? The War On Drugs. Maybe it's cause the day in Perth was shorter (and cooler) so I wasn't so exhausted. But they were awesome. Totally rocked it out. In fact, I'm going to share Under The Pressure today, off of Lost In The Dream. This is not even close to my favorite song by them, but holy shit did they play this song live. It was like 10 minutes and just incredible.





And then there was Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals. These guys are just awesome. They do awesome things with hip hop, especially live. And when Anderson starts playing the drums, he is a star. The music just gets so much better. He closed with Luh You, off of his first album Venice, which I don't know as well as Malibu, but it was a party, so I'm putting this song up.


No comments:

Post a Comment