Friday, April 13, 2018

Apr 13 - My Brightest Diamond / Florence + The Machine

Today is going to be a very good blog post. I'm not going to say much, cause I'm in a bit of a rush to finish packing and head to the airport because I'm flying to Paris. Because of that, I wanted to share songs about Paris or in French. But then some fun things happened which changed what I'm going to share today. And in addition to the exciting things I'm sharing today, there's a new album out from Brazilian Girls. I've mentioned that it's coming and it's finally here. I need to listen and then I'll share more from that soon. Probably along with music from Tom Misch and Sofi Tukker's albums, which also just came out last week and today, respectively. And this is on the heels of new Meshell Ndegeocello and The Decemberists. And also there's a new Empress of single. Good week(s) for music.


So why am I going to Paris? For a concert, before I have to be in Germany for work Monday. What concert, you ask? My Brightest Diamond. That is correct. She is my favorite. I know I say that a lot, but she might actually be my favorite. And I was going to share songs in French or about Paris because I'm going there to see her, and luckily her new single from her upcoming EP is in French. It's called Champagne, and so is the EP she'll be releasing at the end of the month. And I get to see it (or something) performed tomorrow. I can not fucking wait. I am so excited. Also, she posted on Instagram the other day about the Paris show and I commented about being excited to go and then she went and looked at my Instagram and liked photos! So she knows I'm coming. She probably wants to meet me. Right?





So yeah I was going to share that anyway, cause it's very fitting. But then I had some other French songs to share, which I'm now postponing. Why, you ask again? Because Florence + The Machine just released a new single. That is correct. Again, I know I say this a lot, but she may also be my favorite. Between these two women, I'm not sure I could choose. This may be the best blog post I've ever written. I don't know. But all of this makes me so happy. The new song is called Sky Full of Song, and it's a stand-alone single for Record Store Day, which comes with a recording of a poem she wrote as the b-side. There is an album coming, supposedly this year, and she's now starting to announce festival dates for the summer (including headlining the wonderful FYF Festival in downtown LA). So definitely something is coming. And I can't wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment