Wednesday, June 13, 2018

June 13 - Janelle Monae / Cautious Clay

We're going a bit poppy today. I actually have a lot of music to catch you up on, so I'm just gonna jump right into it because I want to actually write something, but I don't have much time. I need to go to a meeting in like twenty minutes. But I think I'm going to try to write like every day next week, cause I'm in the office pretty much all week. Then I can get all caught up.

First up is Janelle Monae. She released her 3rd album, Dirty Computer, a couple months ago, and I think it's her best to date. People love this lady, I've always enjoyed her, but really this album is great. This woman is on point with pretty much all of her commentary. Especially the last track, Americans. It is much poppier than you'd probably expect from me, but I love it. And I feel very similarly about America at the moment as my interpretation of this song.




And then there's this new guy, Cautious Clay. This Brooklyn multi-instrumentalist has a couple of EPs out, and is making quite the buzz. I also find him to be a bit poppy, but still pleasant. But his debut single, Cold War, is really a great one. The layered vocals are probably the best part of it, and he does that on a lot of his songs, which is probably what makes me like him despite the pretty mainstream sound. Definitely worth watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment