Thursday, October 11, 2018

Oct 11 - Maribou State / Jungle

So I just need to quickly share with you some music from what may be the best album of the year (definitely a strong contender), and from what may be one of the top 10 albums of the year (a surprising addition).

The first one is Kingdoms in Colour, the new album from Maribou State. Now Maribou State have made some amazing remixes in the past, which I have loved very, very much. But never have they made an album that I love very, very much. Until now. This new album is amazing. Right from the get go. I would be shocked if it's not Top 10 - or even Top 3 - for me this year. So, right from the get go, here's Beginner's Luck.





And then I'll skip to Turnmills, one of the singles. So good. When that beat comes in at about 35 seconds. Oy. And the strings! So so good. And we're only at track 3. This whole album is just so good.





And then the surprise is For Ever, the new album from British band Jungle. This is one of those massive groups of musicians, and this new album is super soulful and funky. I don't really remember their first album, but I was already hooked when I heard Heavy, California, one of the early singles off of this album. Obviously I'm interested if it has to do with California. But this is actually really good also. Even better.





And then the album really stays so good. So soulful and funky. And I do remember seeing them at a music festival a few years back and being impressed with the live show, which is good because they're coming to Australia in April. So I'll definitely be going to that. So the next track I'll share is Cosurmyne, from later in the album. Not a single, and maybe not as fun as some of the others, but it's got a great piano riff and some great strings. And they've got some great strings and instrumentation throughout the whole album. This album was really a very pleasant surprise to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment