Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Apr 24 - IAN SWEET / Vampire Weekend

Oh wow, this has been in my drafts for a while. I've written about IAN SWEET before, back in 2016 when they released their debut album Shapeshifter, which I loved. And then last year they released their sophomore album Crush Crusher. And I think I created this draft to share some of their music when they released the second single, Spit, which would have been back in September. So this has been in my drafts for months. And I'm bored and work and want to write something, but the other stuff I have lined up isn't ready to be written about yet, because I still have to pick songs.

But anyway, back to the story of this blog. I wanted to share Spit. So I'm going to do that first.




So, I love this band and got all excited when Spit came out, and so I went back and finally listened to their first EP, IAN SWEET, which came out in June 2016, right before the album in September 2016. But I guess I didn't hear about them until the album, and never went back to the EP. But I did when Spit came out, and it's also a great EP. And it has one song in particular which is pretty amazing, called Born Good. So 7 months ago I also intended to share that. So now I will.





And then I'll throw in one new song for good measure, from Vampire Weekend. I've been a bit behind on music a few times this year, which is why you've seen a lot of blogs that have multiple artists with one song each. I just simply haven't been keeping up with music or writing. And that happened again over the last month. So I have some new artists I know I want to share, but I haven't decided which songs yet. But in the meantime, there is one amazing new song from Vampire Weekend, who are gearing up to release their new album, Father of the Bride, next Friday. So they've been putting out singles since last year, and have put out 6 of the 18 tracks so far. And they're good ones. But the best one is This Life, which came out at the beginning of the month. And it has HAIM on backing vocals. I wasn't always (and still am not) a huge Vampire Weekend fan, but I do enjoy them, so with songs like this I'm looking forward to see what they've got for us next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment