Thursday, April 25, 2019

Apr 26 - FKA Twigs

Exciting new single came out today! FKA twigs just released a new song called Cellophane, which is her first track in like 5 years, I think. No idea if there's a new album or EP coming, although I would guess there is. But it's still pretty exciting.

FKA twigs is quite strange. I actually didn't really get her or like her that much until I saw her live. There were a couple of songs I liked before seeing her live, but didn't really get into her. Seeing her live changed that. And she's coming to Sydney in June as part of Vivid Sydney, which is an annual music and arts festival that happens around town. Honestly, I'm not yet sure why it's so special. They just have a bunch of performances on, mainly at the Opera House, but that's no different than any other time. There's a bunch of nice lighting that goes up around old town, from what I understand, but I really don't know how Vivid is any different from anything else at the Opera House. I'll have to get back to you on that one in June. But anyway, she's coming and performing, and tickets are super expensive, and I didn't know if I wanted to go see her. She hadn't done anything in a while, and I hadn't listened to her in a long time, so I didn't know if it was worth it to spend so much money. But then I went and listened to all her EPs and her album, and like halfway through the album I was like "yup, can't miss this." So I bought a ticket. And now she's got new music, and by June will hopefully let us know what's going on. The new song is super minimal for her. She usually does weird glitchy stuff, and this one is super sparse and raw. But it's really beautiful. It's a really interesting comeback for her. Good interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment