Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur

Now that I've moved into my own apartment, I was thinking about what should be my first blog from home. Obviously, I wanted to choose something with "Home" in the title, and the first thing that came to mind was Cinematic Orchestra. I've heard a few albums by this group, but I think their best by far is 2007's Ma Fleur. The opening track, To Build A Home, features Patrick Watson on vocals and is absolutely gorgeous. It's been featured in a lot of shows and movies, so you may have actually heard it. I can't speak for the video, but you will definitely enjoy the song immensely.




If you liked it, which I'm sure you did, you should find more by Patrick Watson also. He makes some great music, a lot of which reminds me of Jeff Buckley.

The second track off the album, Familiar Ground, is also awesome, featuring vocals by Fontella Bass. I know nothing about her, but she sounds great on the song.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have the Minsky blog back in action, straight outta Joburg!

    ReplyDelete