Friday, February 24, 2012

Local Natives

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I have no internet in the place I've been staying for the last two months. That means pretty much every Saturday and Sunday morning I come to McDonald's where I get a free hour of internet and can get my fix for the day. Luckily for me I'm moving into an apartment tomorrow, complete with internet! Which means I should probably take this last morning at McDonald's to write a blog from the place that's been so good to me.

I've been listening to some older stuff lately, some of it not so old (like Local Natives) and some much more old (like Nina Simone and Jeff Buckley). Local Natives first album, Gorilla Manor, was actually one of my favorites in 2010, so definitely worth sharing with you guys.

And here's my favorite song, Shape Shifter.



So I actually didn't know this before, but these guys not only hail from Orange County, my own hometown, but they met at UCLA, my alma mater! Makes me love them even more. They have now rounded out my top 2 UCLA alum musicians list (the other being Sara Bareilles).

I really hope these guys make new music soon, but I haven't heard any word of that happening. So for now, here's Who Knows Who Cares, another wonderful song by them to keep you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment