Sunday, February 19, 2012

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

St. Vincent is the stage name of one Annie Clark who, much like my favorite My Brightest Diamond, was once an Illinoisemaker for Sufjan Stevens. Also much like My Brightest Diamond, she released her 3rd album, Strange Mercy, last year. That's where the similarties between the two ladies end, though.

In my opinion, Strange Mercy is her best work so far, although there's nothing bad to be said about her old stuff. I mean, how can you say anything bad about a lady who titles a song Jesus Saves, I Spend?

Strange Mercy was very close to making it into my Top 10 Albums last year, so it's definitely worth sharing. You should of course listen to the whole album, but for now here are my two favorite songs, Cruel and Surgeon.



There's no video for Surgeon, so it's one of those where they just put a picture of her. To be honest, she kind of creeps me out. She's very pretty, but she looks like a doll. That's what creeps me out. Maybe just listen to it in the background instead of watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment