Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lucius

I've been getting whispers about this band Lucius in my earholes for a while now. That makes me happy because my friend is one of the singers in the band, and she's amazing. This one time, when I was turning 16 I think, she serenaded me with Etta James's At Last. It was pretty sweet, especially considering how amazing her voice is. And then this other time, years and years later, I saw her on American Idol (which I watch obsessively. Guilty Pleasure. Don't judge me. Or do, it's cool. I'm gonna keep watching anyway). I don't know how she didn't win, considering she is actually probably the best singer I know. I guess she was just too awesome for the show.

Anyway, they've released a self-titled EP which is only 4 tracks but worth every penny. Especially the first track, Don't Just Sit There, which I've been listening to on repeat. Gives me chills every time. Go purchase it. Then if you're in or near New York, go and see them, and tell Jess I say hello. I hear they've been touring with Freelance Whales, which is an added bonus, though that may have ended...? Anyway, go see them. And enjoy this track.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment