Friday, June 8, 2012

Yuna

I've been waiting for Yuna's album since I first heard Live Your Life, the first single off her self-titled debut US album, and became obsessed. I didn't actually get her album till about a month after it came out, but I've been listening to the same three tracks on repeat since I have.

Apparently she's been pretty big in Malaysia, her home country, for a few years. And now that Pharrel Williams has taken notice of her and started producing some of her tracks, most noticeably Live Your Life, hopefully she'll find success in the States, too.

Her sound reminds me a lot of Utada Hikaru, who, despite her massive succes in Japan and her production by Timabaland when she released an album in the US, never managed to gain popularity in the US.

First track off Yuna's album, Lullabies, is one of my favorites.



In general, the album is decent, but a few stand-out tracks make me keep coming back to it. Live Your Life, which I still can't stop listening to, is one of those. The song sounds better with headphones.



Apparently she's touring the US with Grafitti6, who I also love, this summer. These are the reasons why I hate not living at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment