Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Apr 6 - Sevdaliza

I wrote a blog like 13 hours ago, so not much has happened since then. I didn't go to the office today cause I had some site visits this morning. But now I'm working from home so I can take a minute to write. About music. And today's music is Sevdaliza.

Sevdaliza is a Dutch (by way of Iran) singer, who decided that being on the Dutch national basketball team and getting her masters degree and starting a career wasn't enough before turning to music. She put out 2 EPs last year, the second of which is Children of Silk. And today's first song, Marilyn Monroe, is off that EP. NPR is loving this song, and I am also liking it quite a lot. The first time I heard it I wasn't sure I did, but then I listened more and realized I do.





Very FKA Twigs, no? Her EP before that, The Suspended Kid, is also very good, though I do prefer Children of Silk (although the cover art for The Suspended Kid is much better). And so from there, we also get to listen to Sirens of the Caspian.


No comments:

Post a Comment