Friday, October 21, 2016

Oct 21 - Arc Iris / Totemo

I have two fantastic songs and no stories to share with you today. It's Friday, it's been a very long week, and I want my brain to stop for a bit before I head out for the evening. So no long blog today.

The first song is from Rhode Island-based band Arc Iris. I just heard them for the first time today, when Kaleidoscope came on a playlist I was listening to. It's the opening track from their second album, Moon Saloon, that came out in August. Which I now need to go listen to because Kaleidoscope is really great. Such a beautiful chorus. And it has the same producer as FKA Twigs and Caribou (but sounds nothing like FKA Twigs or Caribou). And it's got a pretty sweet video, so you're watching that.




Then there's Totemo. She's from Israel, and has an EP Desire Path, that came out in July. On said EP, there are some tracks that are a bit too poppy and sugary for me. But then there's also some really great tracks. The best of which is Hits. This song is absolutely incredible. There is nothing that I don't like about this song. So fantastic. And you're also going to watch the video, because after a bit of googling I learned that the video is made up of a collage of videos that her friend started shooting of her when she was diagnosed with cancer and started chemo. So listen to an incredible song and watch an incredible journey. All good things.




No comments:

Post a Comment