Monday, November 7, 2016

Nov 7 - Jay Som

I need to play you new music, but I'm too tired to write anything. I had a great weekend, but maybe I'll tell you about it later. For now I'll just tell you about Jay Som.

Jay Som is actually Melina Duterte from San Francisco. She's working on her first real album, which is supposed to come out next year. But she already has an album called Turn Into, which is a collection of "unfinished songs," although most of them sound pretty complete to me. She actually has a single called I Think You're Alright, which is the first one from the next album, but it was actually Drown, off of Turn Into, which first caught my attention.




There are quite a few great songs on this album, but my favorite has to be Unlimited Touch. I just love the chorus. I actually had a fantastic moment with this song, where I was taking the bus home and it was kind of gloomy and overcast, but then there were fireworks going off right in front of us. That's kind of what this song feels like. A bit overcast, but also somewhat bright and hopeful. And all in slow motion.


No comments:

Post a Comment