Friday, December 23, 2016

Dec 23 - Y La Bamba

It's coming to year end, and I have a few songs to share before the end of the year so I may have to up my game over the next few days. And to make things harder, I found a couple great things today thanks to my weekly Spotify playlist. In fact the whole weekly suggestions playlist was pretty on point this week. Probably more so than ever before. But the main take away was Y La Bamba. Y La Bamba is the project of Luz Elena Mendoza from Portland, and she put out her 4th album, Ojos del Sol, last year. Ulysses, the closing track to the album was on my playlist this week and I really like it.




So I listened to the whole album, and immediately fell in love thanks to the first song. Ojos Del Sol is the opening track and I can't get enough of it. I love the little warble in her voice, I live the simplicity and beauty, I love how the vocals don't ever really go where you think they're gonna go, I love how timeless it sounds, I love the lyrics. Seriously this song is amazing. It makes me so happy and I can't stop listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment