Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Dec 27 - Benedict Benjamin / Jack Grace / Soft Glas / Lunacre / Lisa Tullgren

So I mentioned that I had this great weekly playlist this week. I'm sure many of you know that Spotify makes a weekly playlist of recommended music, and I try to listen to mine every week. Generally I come away with maybe 3 artists who I want to hear more from, and rarely do I actually go on to like someone enough to buy their album and become a fan of more than a single song. But this week was great. Not only did I go away as a fan of 2 new bands (Y La Bamba and Vittoria Fleet, who I already blogged about), but I also got a bunch of other artists to follow up with, all of whom ended up having 1 or 2 good songs, but nothing amazing. But, since it was so good last week, I will share a few more of those songs that caught my attention.

The first one was Thin Skin, by Benedict Benjamin. Thin Skin is off of Night Songs, the Londoner's debut album that came out in March. Thin Skin is by far the best song, with a couple other standout tracks, and a generally pleasant sound. May be good for fans of Jose Gonzalez.





Up next, we have Jack Grace. The Australian's debut EP, River, also came out earlier this year. It was All Lost, the closing track, that caught my attention. Again, there's a couple other good tracks, but this one is the real stand out.





I don't generally go past 2 tracks, but today I will. So for number 3, we have Soft Glas, a Brooklyn producer who put out both an EP (Dos) and an album (Late Bloom) this year. He gets all kinds of people I've never heard of to feature on vocals, and Latency, the song I'm sharing today, is featuring Stalking Gia. Pretty great stuff, kind of like a chilled out Little Dragon or something.





Number four is Lunacre, a British band that's maybe between Radiohead and Lo-Fang (just to note, they are good but not Radiohead good. Just soundwise, it's close). Their second EP, Schtum, came out earlier this year and is pretty interesting. So here's [Re]Cycle.





And finally, we have Lina Tullgren. She's an American singer/songwriter, making quiet, sad, acoustic songs. She has one EP, Wishlist, which has a bunch of pretty songs, all of which are individually nice, but as a whole it's kind of a boring EP. But Grace is a really pretty song.


No comments:

Post a Comment