Thursday, January 19, 2017

Jan 19 - SZA

I'm in Malaysia now. It's nice here. I always like coming to this office because I think they have the best office atmosphere. Malaysians are just really great, all around, I'd say. So here I am, eating laksa and Nando's, and listening to music.

And boy is there some good music, because I finally realized I should listen to my 2017 watchlist playlist. It's about time. But today's song didn't come from that playlist. Today's song is very exciting. Why? Because SZA finally has a new single! I've been waiting for this woman's first official album for like 2 years now. She's already put out to pretty long EPs (See SZA Run and S), and then a full length album which for some reason is not called her debut album. I think it may have been independently released or something? I'm not sure how they decide these things. Anyway, that one was Z. So the next one, which everyone refers to as her debut album (I guess because it'll be her major label debut or something) will be titled A, and has been talked about for a long time. It was supposed to come out last year and it didn't. But now, she finally has a new single! It's called Drew Barrymore. It doesn't excite me as much as her older music did (especially Z. Damn that was a great album.), but it's a pretty solid "first single." And at the same time she released the single, they announced the album would be called CTRL, but there's no release date I can find yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment