Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jan 31 - Tei Shi / Nick Hakim / Hazel English / Missy Elliott

I'm sitting in Seville at the moment, which is wonderful. I probably won't write about the trip now, cause I want to be quick, but I want to share some music. Because there are a lot of great artists putting out songs from upcoming projects. I already talked about SZA (whose single Drew Barrymore I said was just ok, but I've changed my mind. I love it now) and Dirty Projectors, and then got a couple more. First was Tei Shi, who put out the song Keep Running, the first single off her upcoming debut album Crawl Space. And this is a great first single.




Next up is Nick Hakim, with the song Bet She Looks Like You, off of his debut album Green Twins. This song is just ok, but I loved his earlier EPs, so I'm still optimistic about this album. But if you're into soulful singers with a minimalist kind of R&B style, check out his first two EPs, Where Will We Go, Parts 1 & 2.




And then we'll do another new artist: Hazel English. She's newer than last two, who both have two EPs under their belt. Hazel English only has 1 EP, titled Never Going Home, which on Spotify actually seems to be 5 individual tracks that she put into a playlist and lets you buy on iTunes and stuff. Anyway, she's getting a lot of hype, and she's quite good, so here's Make It Better.





Originally I was only going to put the first two songs on the blog today. Then I decided to throw in Hazel English because I haven't been blogging enough. And then in the process of finding the YouTube links, I came across this next song. Which had to be shared. Because it's new Missy Elliott. So yeah, can't skip that. This is I'm Better. And as usual, it's a great video.


No comments:

Post a Comment