Sunday, November 3, 2019

Nov 4 - Låpsley / Squirrel Flower

So today I'm sharing two songs that have been some of my favorite singles recently. Up first is My Love Was Like The Rain, the new single from Låpsley. It's off her upcoming EP, These Elements, and is the first thing she's releasing since her debut back in 2016. A debut I liked very much. And I like this song very much. Like, I think it might be one of her best songs, very much.




Then we've got Red Shoulder, the first official single from Squirrel Flower. This is what I read, anyway, when I heard the song (and immediately fell in love with it). But then I went on Spotify and she's got like 2 albums up there. Turns out she self-released a coupled of albums, and now she's signed and has an album coming out on a record label. That album is I Was Born Swimming and comes out next January. So until then at least we've got one excellent song, and a couple of older albums. I only listened to one, and the beginning was very strong, and very Mitski-esque. Then it sort of petered out at the end. But still, Red Shoulder is good enough to have me very, very excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment