Sunday, November 24, 2019

Nov 25 - HAIM / Sudan Archives / Pumarosa

So I'll be sharing a few songs with you today. Just a few great ones that I want to get into my playlist for the year. Nothing else that really links them today.

Up first is Hallelujah, the new single from HAIM. This is the 3rd single off their upcoming (and as-yet unannounced) third album. The first couple songs were nice. A bit poppy, but nice. This new one didn't really stand out to me the first time I heard it, but then the second time it totally grabbed me. And I've been listening to it on repeat. And it gets better with every listen. I've always thought HAIM sound a lot like Fleetwood Mac, and this song is another Fleetwood Mac-y one.




Then we have Confessions, by Sudan Archives. Sudan Archives is the project of singer and violinist Brittney Denise Parks. She's already put out a couple of EPs (and I'm surprised I never talked about them on the blog), and she's recently released her debut album, Athena. It's a solid album, and the best track is maybe Confessions, the lead single from the album. Another one I've been listening to on repeat.




And last up is Lose Control, by Pumarosa. Pumarosa I have written about before, becauase I loved the song Priestess off their debut album, The Witch. I liked the whole album, actually. And now they have a new album, called Devastation, which is also really great. Favorite song is probably Lose Control. There's something I just love about it. It's a bit brighter than most of their other songs, I think. They seem to be generally darker and dirtier, but this one really sticks out to me. Great song. Great album.


No comments:

Post a Comment