Sunday, December 15, 2019

Dec 16 - Sault

So I've pretty much got my best albums of the year picked out, but before I put it out I always like to see what some of my favorite sources end up picking to see if I missed anything great. And there was something really great I missed this year: Sault.

I actually didn't miss it, I had heard them a few times, just never really paid attention. But from the first note on their debut album 5, I was hooked. The opening track Up All Night, is probably their best song, but these guys really do nothing bad.





So basically they have this amazing, throwback, funk-soul sound. And they made 2 albums of music this year. First was 5, and then was 7. No idea why they named them that, but both albums are great (although is better). Seems to be a trend these days. Foals did it, Y La Bamba did it, Broken Social Scene did it (well, EPs), Moses Sumney is doing it next year. No idea why, but I won't be complaining about new music from bands I love.

I can find next to no information on this band. No idea who is in it, where they're from, or anything about them at all, really. Except that they make great music. I want to share a bunch of songs with you (Don't Waste My Time, We Are The Sun, No Bullshit....) but I need to just pick one more. So that one more is going to be Waterfalls, the closing track on 7. Much more chill, but also a great song. So now you've heard the first and last song, and it's up to you to go listen to everything in between. And make sure you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment