Monday, December 16, 2019

Dec 17 - Black Pumas

Keeping on the theme of finding bands I may have missed, today I'm sharing Black Pumas. Again, I had heard them previously, but just never really paid attention. But then they were listed as Best New Artist by one of my favorite music sources (not the Grammys, although they are also nominated for Best New Artist at the Grammys). So then I obviously had to go and listen to the album, and it is wonderful. Think a more soulful version of The Black Keys. First up off of that album is Colors.




Now, it was a bit of a challenge to pick the second song. There are some really great ones. It was basically down to either Confines or Touch The Sky, but I think I'm going to go with Touch The Sky because I really like how it builds. But seriously just go listen to the whole album, cause it is a wonderful one. They are in good company for that Best New Artist award at the Grammys. I'm not sure if I think Billy Eilish or Lizzo will win, but I know it won't be Black Pumas. And while I'm totally cool with Lizzo winning (Billy Eilish not so much, although I wouldn't be mad about it), I think that RosalĂ­a should win. But then, Yola and Maggie Rogers and Tank and the Bangas are also on there. Really the only person who shouldn't win is Lil Nas X. Anyway, now that I've digressed way too much and listened to both Confines and Touch The Sky while doing so, I've decided I can't decide so here are both of those songs.





No comments:

Post a Comment