Friday, February 5, 2016

Feb 5 - Mura Masa

Now that I finished up with my time back in China, it's time for a quick rundown of this week. Which was spent in Germany. I arrived on Monday morning, 3 hours late due to a delay leaving Shanghai because our plane was frozen. They said they had to de-ice it, so I assume that's what they meant. It started snowing in the afternoon so everything froze and then we had to sit and wait for 3 hours for what I can only assume is the only de-icer at Pudong (because really how often would they need it? Total fluke). It actually didn't bother me, though, because I just passed out. For most of the flight. Which was perfect. I did watch Amy (good film) and Mad Max: Fury Road (terrible film), but other than that I pretty much just slept. What's not to like?

And then I was in Germany. I'm here for work, and my week was full of meetings. Lots and lots of meetings. I guess that's the only thing to report about the week. I ate food, I went to meetings, I slept... So fun. That's really all there is to do in Schrobenhausen, though. And now I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Stockholm to go see a couple friends, a concert, and my parents.

Seeing as I'm going to see a concert, I should share a song by the band I'm seeing. That would be what I normally do. That band is Daughter, one of my favorites. And actually the first time I saw them was also in Stockholm, 3 years ago. So now we're coming full circle. But I'm not going to share one of their songs because I had them on my blog like 6 times last year, which is ridiculous, and I have a ton of other music to share at the moment. I'm sure I'll share them at some point this year, but for today it's going to be Mura Masa instead. He's a new producer who was also longlisted on BBC's Sound of 2016, and he's pretty great. He's got some good collaborations, too. Closest sound I can think of is SBTRKT, which is of a course a wonderful comparison. I've only heard his Someday Somewhere EP, not sure what else is out there. Except for today's song, Love For That, a stand alone single featuring Shura.


No comments:

Post a Comment