Monday, March 20, 2017

Mar 20 - Trapo / Frank Ocean / Feist

I'm down in Singapore for my 2nd trip since starting the new position. I actually came down here to meet with a bunch of my sales colleagues and also do some interviews in Malaysia (which I did last week). I need to hire someone to actually be here regularly, since I'm not, and since lots of things won't get done without me being down here. So it's been mostly work, but then there was a fun weekend in Singapore for the last couple of days. Nothing really special, just spent it hanging out with a couple friends and catching up. Most of the people I know in Singapore seem to be gone during this visit, except for 3. So I spent the weekend with 2 of them, and I'll be seeing the other one tomorrow. And I'm staying in a neighborhood called Outram Park, which is much better than where I've previously stayed or lived. So I'm much happier this time than in the past. I'll probably stay at this hotel every time I come from now on.

Ok, enough of the boring work stuff. Well, I guess not all work. I'm just here for work. And Singapore is boring. My friends aren't, but all we did is talk and eat and drink and walk and play with drones. So yeah. Also I finished a book and watched a weird movie.

And I listened to music. One of the things I listened to is Trapo. He's this 18 year old rapper from Wisconsin, of all places. I heard the song Speed at first, and fell in love with it. Probably because it reminds me of Frank Ocean. A lot. The rest of his stuff is fine. Much more rap than Speed, and not really my thing. But Speed is great.




And while we're talking about Frank Ocean, guess who has a new song. It's Frank Ocean! He released a song called Chanel a couple of weeks ago. No idea where it came from or if it means there's a new album or anything in the works. But I'm happy to have it.




And while we're talking about new music, there's a new single from Feist! After too many years, she's finally released Pleasure, the title track off of her upcoming new album, Pleasure. And in case that weren't enough from her, she'll also be on the new Broken Social Scene album coming out later this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment