Thursday, March 23, 2017

Mar 24 - La Vida Boheme / Deep Sea Diver

I'm finally headed back to Shanghai today. Actually leaving in like an hour, so sitting at the airport now. This trip was only 10 days, but it felt super long for some reason. But good news: I have a new employee! Between the two finalists, I chose the risky one. I chose the one who I have more doubts about and who might be more difficult, but who I also think can do a lot better. Let's hope I was right... Anyway, exciting stuff!

And there's been a lot of new music this week, much of it inspired by SXSW, which just happened. So let's go through a couple of the SXSW finds (disclaimer, I also had a really good Spotify playlist this week that introduced a bunch of other stuff, so they may not both actually be from SXSW).

First up is La Vida Boheme. This is a Venezuelan band, who it seems like has been around for quite some time, now living in Mexico. And their new album La Lucha is on it's way out, but they've got 2 singles from it at the moment. They're both super upbeat and positive and fun and I love them. So here's Voce.




And then there's Deep Sea Diver. Turns out the frontwoman, Jessica Dobson, has apparently played with everyone from Spoon to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to The Shins. Some big indie names there. And now she has her own band, which is great. So here's Secrets, off the album of the same name.



No comments:

Post a Comment