Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Mar 21 - Dispatch

Many, many years ago, when I was in high school, I had never been to a concert. This might surprise you, considering that now I try to go to as many concerts as possible. An endeavor which is severely limited by my living in China. But still, I try, and I do when I can. Actually, every time I plan a trip to Europe, the US or Japan, the first thing I do is look at what concerts are happening while I'm there. So yeah, you could say I like (read: am obsessed with) live music. And what was the first concert I ever went to? Dispatch, at the House of Blues in LA, during my junior year in high school. I was supposed to have gone to a couple of concerts before that, but they got cancelled or things came up before we could buy tickets and I couldn't go. So yeah, I had to wait like 17 years to figure out that live music is amazing.

If you're unfamiliar with Dispatch, they're a roots rock band. They're pretty much modern folk, and Jews love them. Which is probably a big part of how they ended up being my first concert. They ended up breaking up many years ago, and then got back together to put out an album in 2012. I don't remember much about that album, except that it was disappointing. But now they're back with a new album, titled America, Location 12, which will be out in June. And the first single off of it, Only The Wild Ones, is a good one. A really good one, that reminds me of old school Dispatch and gets me much more excited for this new album.





And for nostalgia's sake, here's The General, which is probably their most famous song. It's a classic. And since we started this one talking about concerts, I'll go with one of the live versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment