Thursday, March 9, 2017

Mar 9 - Tall Tall Trees / Clap! Clap!

It's just been a crazy few days. We have this annual conference which was in Shanghai this year, so I got to plan it. Generally I would plan it, because it's technically an Asia Pacific conference and I manage marketing and events in Asia Pacific. But last year they put it in Dubai for some reason, so I didn't have to plan it. This year it was back in Asia, though, so all me. Plus we tacked on another event afterwards. So about 4 out of the last 7 days have been 16 hour work days. That's always fun. But I made it back to Shanghai last night and now I'm here until Tuesday! That's very long in Michael time. And my first day back was spent at home instead of the office, where I spent practically the entire day on one excel sheet. Suffice it to say, my eyes are very tired now. So I don't actually want to be typing this. But I want to be sharing this music.

This music being 2 songs from 2 artists. The first one is Being There, the latest single off of Tall Tall Trees's new album. I'm pretty sure my friend Brittany told me about Tall Tall Trees years ago and I didn't pay attention. Sorry Brittany! I am now! I like this song a lot! The song is off of Freedays, the 3rd album from Tall Tall Trees, which came out last month. The guy's a banjo player, and apparently most of the sounds you hear on the album were made with his banjo. Pretty impressive. Overall, the album is alright. Worth a listen, you might like it. Just ok for me. But I like this song a lot. This song makes me wish I like the rest of the album more.





And then there's Hope, also the latest single off of an album that also came out last month. This time the album is A Thousand Skies, by Clap! Clap! This guy is a DJ from Italy who uses a bunch of global influences, which is pretty obvious when you listen to his music. A Thousand Skies is a really weird album, but this one I do really like, and I think I'll only like it more as I listen to it more. So definitely give this one a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment