Friday, February 15, 2019

Feb 15 - Rina Mushonga / Júníus Meyvant / Claude Fontaine

It feels like forever since I've written. It's only been 2 weeks, but they have been 2 non-stop weeks of work. Very busy lately. Anyway, I'm just gonna share a few songs here to make up for lost time and then get going to dinner.

I said today would be Europe, and it turned out to be harder than I expected. I don't know why. I thought of a lot of British stuff, but I wanted Europe, not UK. So I'll first share what I'm listening to right now, which is Rina Mushonga. She's Dutch-Zimbabwean, and she just put out her first album. I really liked her debut single, Atalanta, and shared it last year. The album, In A Galaxy, is ok. Interesting, but not that great. But there is one other song that I quite like, which is 4qrtrs. So that's our first song for today.





And then is Júníus Meyvant. I'm sure I've written about him before. He's an Icelandic folky guy, and his second album, Across The Borders, just came out last month. Super cool. Great album. Good guy. I'm a fan. Go listen. The first album was maybe better, but this one is also great. And I had a hard time picking between New Waves and Let It Pass. But I think I'm going with Let It Pass, even though I might like New Waves more, because I think Let It Pass is more typical of what I love about him.




And last up is not a European artist. It's actually an American artist. But she's got a European sounding name. Claude Fontaine. She only has one single so far, Cry For Another, which is very reggae influenced. And very good. I like it very much. Waiting for more. Please and thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment